- Natural black cardamom from Idukki district of Kerala. Ensuring quality by collecting directly from selected farmers.
- Black cardamom is a spice used in Indian cuisine for culinary purposes.
- Badi elaichi is an important ingredient in Garam Masala, a dry spice blend. The use of garam masala is common in India.
- 100% pure and natural. No artificial colors and preservatives
- It is hygienically packed with facilities that meet food safety standards. The product is packed to retain freshness
"Spice up your life with black cardamom!"
Black cardamom is a spice that is native to India and is used in many different dishes. It is also known as “black cardamom” and “hill cardamom”. It has a smoky, intense flavor and a slightly sweet taste. Generally, it is used in savory dishes, such as curries, stews, and soups, as well as to flavor desserts, such as cakes and ice cream. Black cardamom has a variety of health benefits, including being an anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antitussive, anti-flatulent, and antiseptic. It also helps to reduce bad cholesterol levels, improve digestive health, and boost immunity. Additionally, black cardamom is a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and magnesium. Black cardamom is sold either whole or ground and is usually added to dishes near the end of cooking, so as not to lose its flavor. When using whole cardamom pods, it is important to remember to remove them before serving, as they can be difficult to chew.
Culinary uses of black cardamom
Black cardamom is a fragrant and flavorful spice used for centuries in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisines. The pods are often used whole to add a smoky flavor and aroma to dishes such as curries, stews, and soups, or ground into a powder to make flavored rice dishes, marinades, and spice blends. Its flavor is smoky and pungent, with notes of eucalyptus and camphor. Black cardamom is also used for flavor tea, chai, and coffee.